The Account Management Team is responsible for delivering Palantir’s software at these organizations. Account Directors find, evaluate, and pursue new business opportunities at Palantir’s strategic accounts, seeking growth that builds upon or expands beyond where we are today. Each institution is different and each customer has its own way of procuring software, Account Directors deeply understand these nuances and turn them into expansion opportunities. This takes creative thinking, diligent research, and a sharp focus on value creation. Successful Account Directors understand the needs of our customer, how they are currently leveraging Palantir, and have a clear plan to expand across the organization. They build relationships across the organization and are able to leverage these to increase the impact Palantir can have long term.
Armed with a deep knowledge of the product and its real-world applicability, Account Directors cultivate existing relationships within a specific account and work diligently to build new ones. Motivated by the knowledge that the software they sell has a myriad of different applications across verticals, they exceed ambitious sales quotas and come up with new targets.
- In coordination with Palantir leadership, develop and execute a comprehensive strategy for growing the company's presence in a current customer account, focused on a single or very limited number of customers.
- Generate new leads and business opportunities, working closely with Palantir counterparts to determine goals and targets.
- Serve as the key point of contact between Palantir and the given customer.
- Develop deep familiarity with Palantir's software platforms, the customer's business, how Palantir is currently deployed to solve problems today, and how Palantir could solve a wide range of real-world problems beyond this.
- Exceed stated sales quota by upselling and expanding enterprise contracts.
- Work with the implementation teams to ensure success of projects in flight and uncover new growth opportunities.
- Work with other account management team members to improve and streamline internal processes.
- Proven track record of large-scale enterprise sales to government or commercial institutions.
- Experience building and managing relationships, and collaborating with internal partners and external counterparts.
- Intricate familiarity with procurement processes.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to compellingly articulate Palantir's product offering to audiences with varying levels of technical skill and seniority.
- Ability to understand customers' requirements and how Palantir's software can address them.
- Demonstrated project management skills and a love of getting things done, no matter the circumstances.
- Ability to travel per business needs.