AIML - Distinguished Engineer, ML Platform Technology & Infrastructure
In this role, you will establish core execution teams, mentor and guide technical leads in executing high-priority goals and develop metrics and success indicators. This position requires strong leadership skills, analytic skills, and a passion for applying deep learning technologies that will enable ML-based features to preserve user privacy and performance/power guarantee to surprise and delight the users on the Apple platform.
Your role will be accountable for looking #N years ahead to influence Apple silicon for high-performance and quality for ML-powered features; beyond execution excellence toward next year’s software and hardware launches. You will get to architect systems and components that minimize trade-offs to get the most benefit out of Apple’s hardware supremacy and become enablers for diverse user journeys (e.g. tailored for specific hardware (Mac-based creative workflows), cross-platform(Windows, Linux, M1 Macs) or ubiquitous on Apple device ecosystem (iOS, macOS, iPadOS, WatchOS). The work you lead will be foundational for on-device usage understanding, private federated learning, and modernizing Apple’s on-device ML stack to empower ML model construction, conversion, optimization, and adaptation-based feature workflows.
- Excellent problem-solving (e.g. via building forward-looking prototype systems), critical thinking, strong communication, and collaboration skills
- Solid understanding of state-of-the-art DNN acceleration architectures and their key performance (compute/memory) tradeoffs
- Understand, investigate, and formulate technical roadmaps for critical areas of interest for the company
- Proven programming skills using standard ML tools such as Python, PyTorch, Tensorflow, CUDA, Metal, and C/C++
- Strong applied experience with compiler technology to work with CPU, GPU, and ML accelerators
- Minimum of 10+ years of tech lead software engineering/ML experience