Business System Analyst - Supply Chain
Full - Time
April 16, 2023
A Business System Analyst (BSA) is a professional who specializes in analyzing business processes and finding opportunities for improvement through the use of technology.
- System Administration: The system superuser is responsible for the overall administration of the Core Supply Chain systems. Play a critical role in ensuring that the system is used effectively and efficiently.
- Training and Support: User Support: The Business System Analyst is responsible for providing technical support and training to users of the system, including solving issues, answering inquiries, and ensuring that users are able to use the system effectively.
- System Maintenance: The BSA is responsible for monitoring the system for issues and handling system security and access.
- Analyzing Business Processes: A Business System Analyst is responsible for analyzing an organization's business processes and identifying areas where technology can improve efficiency and reduce costs
- Gathering Requirements: Based on the analysis, a Business System Analyst is responsible for gathering and documenting requirements from partners, including end-users and managers
- Designing Solutions: A Business System Analyst is responsible for designing solutions that meet the requirements of partners and align with the organization's business goals and objectives.
- Testing and Implementation: A Business System Analyst is responsible for testing and implementing new or improved systems, processes, and procedures to ensure that they are functioning as expected and meeting the needs of the organization.
- Post implementation support (1st level) for local site operational issues and (re) configuration requirements for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Identify and recommend change controls to support operational enhancements and fixes
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Business System Analyst or related role.
- Preferred 2 years technical experience working with 3PL products including warehouse management systems, transportation management systems, order management systems and/or Enterprise Application Integration tools.
- Preferred 2 years of operational experience working in the field of supply chain operations.
- Ability to mesh customer requirements and system capabilities to drive improvements into local operational processes
- Solid technical background, including knowledge of system design, programming languages, and database management.
- Strong business insight, with a deep understanding of business processes, operations, and strategy.
- Superb communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical partners and write clear and concise user documentation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to gather and analyze data, identify patterns, and make informed recommendations based on findings.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to work closely with partners and team members, form relationships, and negotiate solutions.
- Familiarity with system development life cycles and project management methodologies.
More job openings
Senior Software Engineer - System Integration and Test