Cloud Data Engineer
As a Data Engineer, you will build our data-related features, manage our data sources on the applications and infrastructure levels, build the vision for scaling out data as we grow, and directly impact the future of our product from UI to the database.
You will be working in the Bright Machines Yakum office, with a team of experienced and highly talented developers in a CI/CD environments with cutting-edge technologies. While working closely with other Engineering teams, you will take full responsibility and ownership from conception to post-deployment in a collaborative, and fast-paced environment.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a greenfield development effort that will change the way companies build and produce products. If you’re ready to apply exceptional engineering practices and build the software that will define the next generation in manufacturing, this is your opportunity to “Be Bright”.
- Architect, design, develop and deploy the infrastructure that helps realize Bright Machines' vision of Software Defined Manufacturing
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, and prototype new technology
- At least 5 years of experience with data streaming applications, performance optimization, and scaling out data
- Coding experience in high throughput real-time data processing as well as analytic systems
- Proven working experience with NoSQL databases like Elasticsearch and Athena
- Proven working experience with AWS cloud environment
- Experienced with RDBMS (MySQL / PostgreSQL/ Oracle / SQL Server / etc.)
- Experienced with POCing different Big Data technologies and rolling out new solutions to a production environment
- Great ability to see the big picture and system architecture planning
- Team player, with strong communication skill
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD
- Experience working directly with customers of your software
- Experience communicating with users, technical leaders and management to collect requirements, describe system designs, and set product strategy
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and grow other team members
- Experience with hardware systems