Full - Time
April 15, 2023
We’re searching for a Corporate Controller to join and lead Aurora’s Accounting team.
- Lead Aurora’s Accounting team which currently includes Corporate Accounting, Technical Accounting & SEC Reporting, Accounts Payable and Payroll
- Lead and own the monthly close process, responsible for maturing and innovating our processes to help deliver a world class number of days to close.
- Develop Aurora’s corporate accounting policies and procedures and ensure they are in full compliance with US GAAP and SEC reporting standards. Play a key role in driving our future revenue recognition policies and processes as we move to commercialization with our Aurora Horizon product.
- Own Aurora’s financial statement reporting. As part of this ownership, will be responsible for the timely reporting of all entries to Aurora’s financial statements and ensure accounts are reconciled monthly and statements are in compliance with US GAAP and SEC Reporting.
- Be directly responsible for managing all accounting operations, monthly/quarterly accounting close and preparation of financial statements including ensuring all accounts are reconciled and major variances are disclosed.
- Drive processes to optimize and automate accounting operations to drive efficient monthly/quarterly close cycles and improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Have experience with and be the owner of our financial systems, including NetSuite, Coupa, Workiva and FloQast.
- Own the existing accounting and reporting standards, procedures and internal controls to drive efficiency and identify areas of improvements. Responsible for ensuring any new standards are implemented and Aurora is in compliance.
- Be responsible for and direct remediation plans when deficiencies are noted in testing of internal controls.
- Partner effectively with other Finance team members and non-accounting functions to drive improved controls and process enhancements.
- Work with our external auditors and other advisors to ensure efficient and effective audits with timely filings.
- Be the subject matter expert to make decisions, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines while maintaining the highest level of standards for completeness and accuracy.
- Create and maintain innovative KPIs that help drive world class performance through the Accounting team.
- Set the standard as a leader and coach for high and increasing levels of employee engagement and job satisfaction through development and mentoring of the accounting team.
- Proven experience developing and leading a high-performing accounting and control organization.
- Leadership experience in a global technology company, ideally including exposure to software, hardware and SaaS.
- Public company and Big 4 experience.
- 15+ years of experience dealing with complex accounting matters.
- Active CPA license (or international equivalent) and a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Track record of demonstrating both strategic and tactical vision for accounting, understands and drives best-practices to guide a high-performing accounting team.
- Tactical approach to enable effective implementation of accounting software, SOX 404 controls and efficiency in record to report, purchase to pay and payroll cycles.
- Track record of demonstrating strong business judgment applied to routine and complex financial and accounting issues.
- Professional acumen and demonstrated ability in addressing business and accounting issues, including strong ability to explain easy and complex issues and concepts to all levels of management and the accounting team.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with FP&A and Investor Relations to showcase the company's financial results.
- Proven success in senior roles dealing with a range of accounting issues, ideally within a fast growing, complex environment and demonstrating a proven ability to handle the financial accounting and reporting duties.
- Demonstrated technical accounting background.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the details behind transactions, understand business processes and resolve issues at a deep level. Instinct and acumen to continue to drive process efficiencies.
- Demonstrated ability to drive change in accounting processes while improving employee engagement and ownership.
- Self-motivated team player who can credibly communicate with and relate to individuals at all levels on the finance team.
- Ability to partner effectively with the FP&A/Investor Relations/Legal/Corporate IT teams on all aspects of the company’s reporting, accounting and financial functions.
- Ability to lead accounting operations functions, including Accounts Payable and Payroll (today) and Accounts Receivable and Tax & Treasury (later).
- Experience to be able to manage (with advisors) any tax and treasury items before we grow out those functions internally.
- Ability to both grow in the role and grow with the company, demonstrating leadership capabilities and upward progression.
More job openings
Senior Software Engineer - System Integration and Test