Corporate Digital Media Manager
The Corporate Digital Media Manager will play a critical part in protecting the Cruise brand and reputation through high visibility digital media efforts and activities. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Communications, this person will primarily be responsible for supporting critical corporate landmarks & announcements, crisis monitoring and response efforts, defining executive social strategy and execution, media monitoring and alerting, plus developing Cruise employee social guidelines and engagement programs.
This exciting role will evolve over time as the business grows in scale, crafting opportunities for professional growth! In this highly collaborative, cross-functional role, the ideal candidate will partner directly with our consumer social media lead to ensure cohesion and connection, build relationships across our extended marketing and communications teams, as well as our finance, policy, legal, operations, customer service and engineering teams. This person should pride themselves on being a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, have acute attention to detail and be passionate about and fluent in digital media platforms and listening tools.
- Support business critical corporate & executive announcements on social media in collaboration with consumer social media lead
- Support issues management and crisis response on social media by monitoring and responding to issues as appropriate in collaboration with cross functional team.
- Partner with Cruise executives to help build their visibility on social media in support of their industry thought leadership and Cruise’s brand as an employer of choice
- Use media analytics tools to monitor social and digital media platforms for Cruise and industry news and alert to relevant teams
- Develop internal employee-focused guidelines and campaigns designed to encourage and enable social sharing to help attract and retain top talent, eg., #lifeatcruise
- Stay up-to-date on the latest social media trends, platforms, product features and emerging technologies.
- Help define the goals and processes of Cruise’s social channels as they evolve with the business.
- 5+ years of social media experience, especially in the corporate/exec realm.
- Experience crafting executive social media strategies, crisis and issues management.
- A proven and deep understanding of the social media landscape, platform standard methodologies and social media behaviors.
- Proficient in relevant social channels including Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat and YouTube as well as emerging channels.
- Proficient in social media management, publishing, engagement and analytics tools.
- Experience in a cross-functional, fast paced environment.