Director of Product Management, Beacon
Mountain View, CA
Full - Time
March 9, 2023
We’re searching for a Director of Product Management r to join Aurora’s Service Delivery team and lead the Beacon Product Management function.
- Lead the Beacon Product Management team to design, develop and bring to market all of the software needed to run the Horizon product.
- Establish and drive Scrum Agile product management best practices within the team.
- Work within the framework of Epics, Features and stories. Create a 2 week sprint cadence for the entire Beacon team.
- Create a vision and product strategy for what Beacon will be and the value it will create for the organization.
- Work closely with the Service Delivery sub-module leads, operations and our customers to determine what features are needed in Beacon and constantly receive feedback.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders on the vision, goals and progress of Beacon.
- Create clear road maps and hold the team accountable to delivering.
- Develop the architecture required to support the comprehensive Beacon platform including both internally developed software as well as externally purchased SaaS products.
- Prioritize features and functionality in a manner than drives immediate and long-term value for the organization.
- 6+ years of Product Management leadership experience, as well as experience building and bringing a commercial software product to market.
- Engineering or quantitative degree, with strong technical aptitude.
- Experience leading product development of complex integrated systems.
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills, ability to influence without authority, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong people manager who is able to build high functioning teams, and coach & grow PMs.
- Data driven; metrics definition and ability to draw insight guide action from analysis.
- Work experience in the logistics or transportation industry.
- Understanding of the transportation industry, standard technology in the transportation industry and standard integrations.
- Experience building and deploying software products for the transportation industry.