Hardware Validation Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Full - Time
March 9, 2023
We’re looking for a Hardware Validation Engineer to help with verifying and validating our next generation electrical compute and sensor systems.
- Develop and implement test methodology for verifying and validating hardware operation of complex systems.
- Work directly with Aurora’s HW and SW Embedded design engineering teams to create validation test plans, procedures, and reports.
- Plan, evaluate, and purchase required test equipment for validation work in the lab.
- Perform component, board, and system electrical and functional characterization measurements.
- Deploy automated scripts/software to test systems, analyze data, and create test reports.
- Investigate failure root cause and help drive product improvements.
- Support hardware design team with bringup, experiments/evaluations, and measurements.
- Support and train junior team members with troubleshooting, measurements, and testing.
- BS or MS in Electrical or equivalent engineering field
- Extensive experience in testing, analysis, or design of electrical systems.
- Experience in communication protocols, such as I2C, SPI, UART, and MDIO.
- Experience in measuring and qualifying high speed buses, such as PCIe, DDR, SATA, USB, and Networking.
- Experience in using lab equipment, such as oscilloscopes, E-loads, VNA, TDR, and spectrum analyzer.
- Strong knowledge of Electrical Engineering fundamentals
- Proven experience in the product life cycle development process from concept to production.
- Familiar with Python or other scripting languages.
- Project management of complex systems
- Familiar with EE design tools, such as schematic capture and layout