Regulatory & Compliance Attorney, Healthcare
K Health is looking for a positive and proactive lawyer and a compliance professional to join our legal team to provide expert advice and guidance to internal stakeholders and business leaders on healthcare regulatory and compliance issues and to advance and implement the Company's Compliance Program. You will serve as a strategic business partner, and legal and compliance resource to the commercial business and affiliated medical practices to ensure appropriate and compliant practices under applicable law.
The successful candidate will be an individual with experience working on a range of medico-legal compliance issues and/or with broad telehealth or virtual care regulatory experience. Experience advising on provider compliance requirements is a plus including, internal reporting and audit, vendor and downstream entity compliance, as well as state scope of practice and medical board guidelines.
The successful candidate will develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of our business, organizational structure, core business practices, policies and procedures, as these relate to healthcare compliance and ethics.
- Responsible for the periodic review, revision, test and creation of compliance policies, procedures and monitoring to ensure they appropriately reflect legal and regulatory developments
- Substantial responsibility for ensuring appropriate processes and policies are adopted by our affiliated medical practices
- Review marketing materials, educational content, and corporate communication materials to determine compliance with applicable advertising and regulatory regulations
- Keep informed of new laws, regulations, guidelines and industry trends affecting our business and affiliated medical practice and identify any necessary changes to the compliance and ethics program and/or business operations
- Juris Doctorate from a nationally accredited law school
- 4+ years prior in-house or law firm experience providing regulatory counseling on the laws and regulations relating to healthcare providers
- Must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment as it relates to healthcare compliance
- Collegial can-do attitude and ability to work under pressure and manage the expectations of stakeholders while exercising mature and reliable judgment in an informal and fast-paced environment
- Creative problem-solving ability with a focus on achieving stakeholder-friendly and strategic solutions while managing risks
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Strong process-orientation: has proven effectiveness in identifying, developing and implementing scalable/sustainable process and other continuous improvements to achieve organizational efficiencies and increase effectiveness
- Excellent project management skills: can prioritize multiple tasks and goals to ensure timely, on-target and within-budget accomplishments