We are looking for a highly experienced Senior Architect to join our Actionable Architecture team in the Global Platform group. On this team you’ll work closely with internal DataRobot application teams to create “paved roads” to help them build successful solutions. You’ll help to ensure that engineering best practices, security and reliability and incorporated into every phase of the SDLC, from design to implementation to running in production at scale.
This is a hands on role where you’ll leverage your software engineering skills to design and prototype solutions to real engineering challenges faced by internal teams. You’ll play a critical role in determining the future technical direction of Global Platform within DataRobot.
We focus on building secure, maintainable and fully automated solutions following industry best practices. In this role you will be a key contributor to the design and implementation of future platform features and the overall evolution of the platform.
- Design and work with teams to implement new platform features to meet business and internal team goals.
- Work closely with internal teams to help them build applications that run successfully on Kubernetes.
- Help define the future technical architecture and vision for infrastructure and services within the Global Platform group.
- Make security an integral part of every implementation and decision.
- Treat infrastructure solutions as high quality software.
- Closely follow trends in the Kubernetes community and evaluate and advocate for new technology adoption as new solutions emerge.
- Demonstrate best practices and set an example for others in the team and the company.
- Participate in the design review process and review code and implementations created by teams within the company.
- Contribute to a growing library of internal software tools and components.
- Be an advocate and contributor to our core engineering principles.
- Design solutions that work backwards from the ideal user experience.
- You are a passionate software engineer and architect with 5+ years of proven experience building high quality solutions in a collaborative environment.
- You have 5+ years of software engineering experience in a major high level language such as Python, Go or Java.
- You have 3+ years of experience building infrastructure solutions in at least one major cloud provider (AWS, Azure or GCP).
- You have 3+ years of Kubernetes experience with 1+ years in production.
- You have 1+ years of Terraform experience.
- You can write high quality code and understand how that code fits into the overall team and company strategy.
- You are able to effectively balance the need to ship solutions to meet business goals while maintaining quality, reliability and security to be successful in production.
- You love to learn new tools and technologies, determine their value and implement them.
- You are adaptable to change in a fast-moving “startup” culture in a competitive space.
- You have a bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field or equivalent experience.
- You have strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis.
- You have excellent critical thinking skills and can objectively evaluate multiple solutions with different tradeoffs.
- You are self-motivated and proactive, able to take ownership and deliver results.
- You have excellent communication skills and can connect with both technical and non-technical audiences effectively.
- You are able to work effectively asynchronously and face-to-face in a multi-cultural team in multiple timezones around the world.