Senior Hardware Security Architect - GPU HW
Full - Time
April 17, 2023
NVIDIA is seeking a Senior Hardware Security engineer to architect, design, validate, and guide implementation of HW security for its core GPU products. You are expected to take a strong, hands-on approach to ensuring secure development and engineering practices across multiple internal teams by leading by example. Persons in this role will help reduce risk, threats, and vulnerabilities with a focus on hardware and firmware layers; including considerations for safely scaling up GPUs in data center environments.
- Oversee new features and improvements to the GPU security architecture for an upcoming GPU.
- Collaborate between multiple business units and development groups to ensure robust, secure service posture from design to implementation in multiple products.
- Specify how sensors designed to detect voltage, clock, electro magnetic, laser, temp, etc. attacks are used to provide physical security to the GPU.
- Perform security reviews of firmware and hardware designs and assist others to ensure quality and robustness of our products.
- Recommend best practices for secure service development driving continuous improvement in the engineering organization. Including mentoring, developing and delivering training materials, producing frameworks to reduce best practice patterns to application for use in production efforts.
- Define architectural and micro-architectural details for features that improve security of our GPUs.
- Drive implementation and verification of hardware features that improve security of our GPUs.
- You will collaborate to develop a long-term security roadmap for our products to ensure suitability for the markets we serve.
- A Masters degree or equivalent experience in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering.
- 8+ years of relevant hardware development experience with a focus and interest in hardware security.
- Deep understanding of processor architectures (GPU is a plus), and security subsystems.
- Understanding of mixed signal circuits, and their control structures.
- Proficiency in Verilog RTL coding and scripting languages, such as: Perl, Python and Make etc.
- A working understanding of floor-planning, ASIC physical design, VLSI and DFT.
- A hands on technical background; excellent C programming and low-level firmware experience.
- Strong communication skills are required along with the ability to work in a dynamic product oriented team.
More job openings
Senior Software Engineer - System Integration and Test