Senior Software Engineer, DevOps
As a Software Engineer, DevOps, you will be responsible for contributing technical work on the Delivery Enablement squad, which is critical to the success of the engineering department.
Hyperscience comprises a large and growing engineering workforce. At this scale, we must solve problems through automation and effective operations. You will own the CI/CD infrastructure that’s a central part of our day-to-day life. Your team will continuously improve and make our SDLC a more reliable process through smart tooling. You will help execute medium to long-term roadmap initiatives. You will be working with Product to iteratively improve our application deployment experience, with keen interest in supportability and user experience.
This is an exciting time for Hyperscience’s product and business. You will have the opportunity to influence and deliver on a bold vision for transforming the way organizations model and execute their business processes, and there will be many opportunities for growth along the way.
- Help contribute with technical improvements across all capabilities of the Delivery Enablement area
- Design and build effective, user-friendly infrastructure, tooling, and automation to accelerate operations at Hyperscience
- Collaborate with Engineers and Product Managers to develop tools to support build, test, bundle, and deployment operations
- Offer support and troubleshooting assistance for the engineering pipelines, while continuously improving stability along the way
- Build and maintain systems employing an Infrastructure-as-Code approach
- Own the CI/CD stack which comprises all pipeline and automation resources
- 3+ years of experience with DevOps
- Strong experience in building tooling and automation to support the entire software development lifecycle
- Strong experience with Python and Bash scripting
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure as code technologies, such as Terraform
- Experience building and utilizing configuration management tools, such as Ansible
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipeline tools like Gitlab and CircleCI
- 3+ years of experience with AWS infrastructure, including strong architecture and operational experience
- Solid hands-on experience with SCM tools like Github
- Deep understanding of Linux operating systems, particularly Ubuntu and RedHat
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills