Senior Software Engineer - MVSS UI
Full - Time
March 16, 2023
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. The goal of a Senior Software Engineer at Wisk is to contribute to the success of all ground station software development activities on an exciting aerospace program. You will be part of the software team that will deliver the ground station functions.
- As part of the software organization, and deployed in to the ground systems team, you will act as a Senior Software Engineer to design, implement, unit-test, and integrate high-quality graphical user interface software that produces avionics displays for an autonomous eVTOL aircraft.
- You will design a “window manager” that allows our real-time applications to use third-party middleware to drive avionics displays
- You will work with human-machine interface (HMI) and UI/UX designers to produce operator avionics displays and Integrate third-party software into a graphics stack that can be used by our applications
- You will take part in developing software requirements, design, and code to support the ground station system’s goals for the year.
- You will support your team leader and your IPT leader in developing work activities, tasks, and timelines.
- You will help support problem solving activities related to your assigned activities.
- You will be working closely with the system engineering group to review system level requirements and provide feedback from the software perspective.
- This position requires a BS or MS in computer science or computer systems engineering with at least 5 years of experience working with aircraft cockpit displays
- You have worked on one or more commercial or defense aircraft development programs.
- You have hands-on experience in developing C/C++ software for embedded safety critical systems
- You have practical experience using OpenGL or Vulkan, and EGL
- You have demonstrated ability to develop user interfaces for production systems
- You have a strong software design skills