Senior/Staff Systems Engineer - Vehicle Power Management
Foster City, CA
Full - Time
April 19, 2023
Zoox is seeking a highly motivated, energetic, Systems Engineer to lead and drive Vehicle Power Management system on an autonomous vehicle. You will be responsible for supporting systems engineering activities including: thermal performance balancing, energy performance balancing, interface definition, development, and functional testing. You will be leading the specification and executing of systems integration plans for vehicle-level features and deliverables.
- Process product level requirements and pull together respective engineering teams to decompose into components, interfaces, dynamic behaviors, and resource consumption targets.
- Support and review software and hardware design, implementation, and test cases
- Identify, document and highlight cross-functional gaps and dependencies - proactively work towards creative solutions to resolve integration issues and ensure vehicle functionality
- Work with test and integration engineers to ensure full test coverage is defined and implemented for software feature implementations.
- Develop and execute vehicle integration plans, pulling together relevant sub-system components while keeping track of overall program milestones and delivery objectives
- Deep-dive into vehicle log data and source code if required to root-cause system-level issues and facilitate rapid issue resolution in collaboration with domain experts. Post root cause analysis, suggest changes to upstream processes and subsystems, including diagnostics and other tools
- Work across the company to contribute to a cohesive variant management strategy that operates efficiently, including but not limited to software build configurations and upgrade capabilities.
- 8+ years engineering work experience
- Hands-on experience debugging complex systems that involve multiple ECUs with interfaces to various vehicle sub-systems
- Strong understanding of automotive hardware and software concepts and development processes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment and proactively collaborate cross-functionally with other teams to solve vehicle-level integration problems
- Strong understanding of vehicle safety concepts and testing-related safety procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated, with a desire to continuously improve and learn
Experience with a majority of the following:
- Low Voltage sources (12V battery, Vehicle DCDC)
- Low Voltage sinks (Compute, vehicle motion actuators, lighting, vehicle ECUs, HVAC, etc)
- Low Voltage distribution (wiring harnesses)
- High Voltage sources (HV Battery, Charger)
- High Voltage sinks (Vehicle DCDC, drive units, pumps)
- CPU power management
- Experience with Automotive CAN
More job openings
Senior Software Engineer - System Integration and Test