Cruise is looking for a Senior Vehicle Service Technician to repair, maintain, and retrofit our fleet of Autonomous Vehicles. In this position you will collaborate with other Technicians in the San Francisco Market team, Field Engineering, Operations, and multiple other groups across the company. Support groups will help train and guide you in the process with the primary goal of optimizing the fleet utilization rate. If you’re interested in growing your knowledge and experience in the autonomous vehicle industry, this is the job for you!
Candidates should have strong attention to detail, problem solving skills, diagnostic abilities, and mechanical prowess. Professionalism and sound judgment are required at all times, as well as the ability to support and strengthen a team. This role will engage on projects in which certain details must be kept confidential.
- 1+ years of experience as a vehicle technician or equivalent automotive education
- Demonstrated ability and desire to pick-up new technology
- Hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and software engineering components and an understanding of how they interact
- Impeccable communication skills
- A learning mindset including an open mind to critical feedback
- A strong aptitude to learn new technology
- A proven track record of emphasizing safety and quality of work
- Ability to give and receive clear, prompt, understandable verbal and written feedback
- Ability to perform regularly physical work including, but not limited to, stooping, lifting, and moving up to 50 pounds.
- High attention to detail
- Ability to anticipate future issues and mitigate them before they become operational setbacks
- Able to juggle numerous projects simultaneously with ease
- Comfort in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
The above physical demands describe the general nature of work being performed of the role, and are not intended to be an exhaustive list.
- Experience with sensors, calibration, and/or the autonomous automotive field
- GM or other dealership training and automotive experience
- Previous experience diagnosing and performing repairs on electric and/or hybrid vehicles
- ASE certifications, Master Technician preferred