Software Engineer, Back-End (CAPI)
Full - Time
March 15, 2023
We’re looking for a Back-End Software Engineer to join our Common API (CAPI) team. CAPI is a critical service and the primary API for all Frontends. The team's technical health and engineering culture are vitally important to Grammarly’s long-term success.
- Ensuring consistent availability and reliability of Common API.
- Building new logic for user-facing features.
- Owning API and evolving it for future use as well as allowing external contributions from other teams.
- Contributing to initiatives throughout the company and collaborating with different teams.
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has strong software engineering fundamentals, including knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Has solid experience in back-end development, ideally using Java or other JVM languages, and multithreading.
- Has good knowledge of and some experience with AWS (or, alternatively, has deep expertise in Azure or GCE and is willing to learn AWS in a short time frame).
- Is excited about finding an optimal solution in situations of uncertainty.
- Enjoys fast-paced delivery and a consistent feedback loop.