Software Engineer (Machine Learning)
Anyscale is looking to hire strong individuals to develop open source machine learning libraries.
The software industry largely operates on a messy zoo of specialized distributed systems such as Spark, Horovod, and TensorFlow Serving. These systems cannot easily be composed together and used as elements of a larger application. On the Machine Learning Ecosystem team at Anyscale, we are developing a rich ecosystem that will allow developers to import powerful distributed libraries and compose them together to build new applications.
Part of this work will be open source as part of Ray, which is a distributed Python execution engine as well as an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning.
- Build elastic, scalable, fault-tolerant distributed machine learning libraries that power the next generation of machine learning platforms around the world
- Benchmark and improve performance and scalability of different machine learning libraries
- Work closely with other engineers developing Ray to build core abstractions and simplify machine learning services for open source users
- Work closely with the open source community (with ML researchers, ML engineers, data scientists) to scope and build new abstractions for scalable machine learning
- Solid background in algorithms, data structures, system design
- Experience with machine learning frameworks and libraries (PyTorch, Tensorflow)
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience (new grads should apply to a separate job posting)