Staff Systems Engineer - Voice and Data Communications Systems
We are looking for a Staff Systems Engineer focused primarily on aeronautical voice communications and secondarily on data communications. The goal of this Staff Systems Engineer at Wisk is to lead a team of systems engineers and integrators to develop aircraft and ground communication systems through early stage development, ensuring that our autonomous aircraft performs and operates safely in an urban air-mobility environment. You will provide technical direction and contribute to a Systems Engineering team responsible for the functional, logical, and physical architecture and integration, as well as interface and requirements deliverables. You will be part of the Systems Specialist Team.
- You will support and contribute to a high performing Systems Engineering team to develop functions, architecture, requirements, integrate between system interfaces, and develop process strategy, responsible for delivering high quality Systems Engineering artifacts for a novel type of aircraft development targeting the autonomous UAM market.
- You will architect and model the voice communication systems as well as data comm systems (e.g., voice intercom, command and control (C2) link, SATCOM links) functions and interfaces with System Engineering tools and processes.
- You will develop functional breakdowns and conduct requirements management.
- You will develop interface details with the ground system and airborne system.
- You will engage with external suppliers and work to define RFIs/RFPs and integration of external systems
- You will review safety critical system integration activities based on today's best system engineering practices, lessons learned and guidelines.
- You will conduct multiple trade studies needed to achieve the most efficient and optimized safety critical systems architectural solutions that meet performance, size, weight, power and safety requirements as applicable from the FAA/EASA regulations.
- As a Staff Engineer in the SE organization, in collaboration with other leaders, you will contribute towards development of efficient and optimized strategies for execution, to be implemented across multiple Integrated Product Teams (IPTs).
- You will support the system requirements development and validation efforts that support various IPTs.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that the deliverables you are accountable for meet the technical standards established by the program.
- You will be detail and technically oriented and have the ability to work proactively and effectively with minimal supervision, with the ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- You will exemplify the culture, mission, values, vision and quality policy of the organization, while supporting the team with technical guidance and mentorship.
- B.S. in engineering and 8+ years experience in systems and/or integration engineering
- 5+ years of experience in voice or data communications
- Managed service provider and external supplier relationships
- Experience developing and architecting Communication Systems (primarily voice communications/intercom systems, as well as data comms such as Command and Control (C2) or CPDLC)
- Experience in the following type of voice communications:
- voice systems used by or integrated with ATC systems
- voice intercom systems used within a traditional operations center
- experience integrating distributed professional wired and wireless voice systems
- Experience with interface definition of communication systems
- Knowledge of aviation systems and understanding of the environment in which aircraft operate (NAS)
- Hands on experience in development and decomposition of requirements, developing and allocating functions, and interfacing with certification and systems safety teams to deliver certification deliverables.
- Familiarity with ARP4754A, DO-377, DO-160, DO-178C, DO-254, ARP4761, Part 23/25, regulations, AC XX.1309, or similar standards
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Previous system development, design, manufacturing, or flight test experience