Systems Engineer for AUS Energy Program
Full - Time
March 9, 2023
We are seeking Systems Engineers to join Anduril , working in a cutting-edge start-up environment to advance the state-of-the-possible in subsea robotics.
- Work within a team of multidisciplinary engineers and specialists throughout the life of AUV design and integration efforts.
- Analyze conceptual power architectures, including energy sources, converters, and other components and perform trade studies across a variety of possible energy solutions.
- Lay out system design plans and interfaces for new AUV products and platforms.
- Draft and develop system performance metrics for onboard energy system, including development of advanced power simulation and modeling within an overall system simulation environment.
- Develop interface controls for partners and customers to use for hardware, software, and electrical integration of complex and unique payloads with the ANDURIL AUVs.
- Design, plan, and execute a design verification test program, and lead integration efforts for integration of new power systems onto existing vehicle platforms.
- Support build and benchtop testing of new vehicle systems.
- Identify common power interfaces with AUV and research future power technologies and capabilities for integration into next-gen AUV energy systems.
- Conduct hands-on, offshore AUV testing when required (typically single day trips with occasional multi-day deployments).
- Travel and offshore operations approximately 25% of the time.
- A passion for systems development, integration, and testing.
- 5+ years experience in systems engineering, and integration and testing.
- 2+ years experience in the design, development, and integration of power systems into mobile platforms.
- Hands-on build and prototyping of complex robotic systems.
- Knowledge of electronics troubleshooting and ability to use basic test equipment.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- A sincere commitment to a positive, inclusive, and collaborative culture.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a NV2 Security Clearance.