Vice President, FP&A
Full - Time
March 14, 2023
ConcertAI is looking for a VP FP&A who will partner with business leaders and assist the organization in executing against its organizational, operational, and financial strategies and delivery of profitable growth responsibilities including budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, and reviewing investments among others. This leadership role is responsible for leading, mentoring and developing an effective finance team, including up-leveling existing cross-functional processes and systems.
- Develops the operating and financial plan required to achieve management’s strategic plan.
- Lead long-range and annual planning processes to drive long-term growth and scalability through new business opportunities, strategic investments, and workforce optimization.
- Collaborate across finance functions to ensure adherence to US GAAP and other reporting and compliance standards
- Develop and streamline KPIs, metrics, and dashboards to track ongoing business performance.
- Drive annual budgeting process and quarterly forecasts, providing insights into opportunities and risks in topline metrics, expenses, and headcount plan.
- Ensures projects and/or departments are working toward achievement of the organization's financial goals.
- Manages the FP&A team and oversees the team’s department/function forecasting activities, strategic planning, and annual operating/capital budget reviews.
- Establishes overall direction and strategic initiatives for each given major function or line of business.
- Evaluates organizational projects or plans to determine budgetary impact and financial status.
- Identifies short term and long-term business plans by utilizing standard financial policies and regulated procedures.
- Develops the overall financial policies for FP&A.
- Serves as a valued strategic business partner to executive leadership by providing insightful, actionable, and current financial performance reporting and analysis that drives business understanding and decision making.
- Responsible for forward-looking analysis by anticipating how the environment will change, assessing financial impacts, and ensuring the business is properly positioned.
- Lead the FP&A team to conduct variance analysis for organizational leadership and direction
- Work with the CEO and business leaders to prepare quarterly investor relations materials, including earnings release documents, earnings call scripts and annual reports.
- Leads and manages through change and ambiguity with focus and a bias for action.
- BA or BS degree in Finance/Economics/Business management with 10+ years of financial planning and analysis experience; prior experience managing a budget and forecasting process
- MBA and/or CPA a plus
- Experience managing FP&A in a SaaS or Life Sciences environment preferred
- Excellent analytical and modeling skills, solid knowledge of GAAP, cost accounting and inventory accounting principles
- System savvy and expert knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and reporting applications
- Highly motivated, and committed to driving change and improving processes
- Ability to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or multiple competing priorities
- A hands-on leadership approach in leveraging systems and processes in order to drive significant and profitable growth