Senior Infrastructure Engineer
As our Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you will support and help architect Shield AI’s enterprise architecture. You will be a key leader in the Enterprise IT and Infrastructure department ensuring the stability, resilience and design of our on-premises and cloud infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with enterprise networking, virtualization, storage, building solutions to deploy Infrastructure-As-A-Service (IaaS) in on-premises and in Azure Govcloud environments. The candidate should be comfortable working in highly secure and fast paced environments.
This will be a very fun role and is the dream job for that highly experienced and seasoned "jack of all trades” engineer those lives and breathes infrastructure. If you’re that engineer, you’re going to have a blast when you join our team!
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- You have extensive experience with enterprise networking; building and designing highly redundant and scalable networks, site to site connectivity, SDWAN, VPN, etc. (Fortinet, Juniper, Cisco)
- You have extensive experience with virtualization and high-availability, virtualized workloads, virtualized networking, DRS/HA, enterprise storage and fault tolerance (VMware vSphere, NSX, etc.)
- You have a high level of experience with Microsoft Azure, M365 and on-prem Active Directory, Intune, GPOs and hybrid cloud environments
- You have experience with Enterprise Monitoring (Wavefront, Datadog, Solarwinds, OpsGenie, Pagerduty)
- You have experience with Automation and Scripting (PowerShell, Ansible, Chef, Terraform, etc.)
- You have containerization experience (Kubernetes, Docker)
- You have experience with Azure Commercial or Azure Gov cloud environments
- You have experience with security best practices and ensuring multi-site compliance for infrastructure
- You are highly organized and has the ability to take on large initiatives, build requirements and project timelines
- You enjoy mentoring junior, mid and senior engineers
- You believe in the value of documentation and team training
- Experience with Kubernetes on bare metal experience and VMware vSphere
- Experience with tools like: Rancher, Vault, Packer, Tanzu, Telegraf, InfluxDB, etc.
- Experience ensuring compliance and audit preparation evidence, as well as presenting with auditors
- Experience preparing technical project plans and creating budgets for highly technical projects