Staff Mechanical Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Full - Time
March 15, 2023
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to design and develop the hardware to power our next generation fleet platform, owning designs from prototypes through production.
- Lead development of major subsystem such as next generation compute and sensor technologies
- Collaborate with Electrical and Software team leads on architecture and roadmaps
- Own the mechanical design, assembly, test and integration of automotive grade systems
- Guide and mentor other mechanical engineers
- Complete preliminary mechanical analysis with tools such as FEA or CFD.
- Collaborate with other engineers to complete detailed analysis
- Manage project schedule and tasks including build events
- Work closely with Systems team to build requirements and validate system performance and safety
- Collaborate with Integration, Manufacturing, and Operations teams to drive resolution of technical issues.
- Manage relationships with suppliers and external partners.
- Strong technical background. BS or MS, or equivalent experience, in Mechanical Engineering with 7+ years of experience in the automotive, aerospace or related industry. Strong CAD experience with packages such as SolidWorks, NX, Catia, and/or Creo. Intermediate-expert level thermal analysis. Understanding of aerodynamics.
- A team leader. Whether formally or informally, you have previously played the lead role on several projects. You take ownership and drive the team to deliver exceptional results.
- Proven ability to build and iterate quickly. You have experienced product development in all of its stages and are comfortable in the earlier stages – moving from zero to one.
- Hands on. You are just as comfortable with a wrench as a keyboard. You have a deep understanding of manufacturing processes for both low and high volume production.
- Great communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise, and detailed documentation. You are skilled in leading and participating in cross-functional design reviews.