Software Engineer, Deep Learning for Computer Vision
Mountain View, CA
Full - Time
March 15, 2023
We are looking for a highly skilled Software Engineer with a focus on deep learning for computer vision applications to join us and solve real-world robotics problems.
- Be responsible for designing machine learning algorithms and implementing them in robust, efficient, and well-tested C++ and/or Python code.
- Lead the development of deep neural networks to solve real-world robotics challenges such as lane detection, object detection and classification, sensor fusion, tracking, prediction, anomaly detection, and planning.
- Work with camera, laser, radar, and ultrasound data and curate datasets for machine learning.
- Set up automated training pipelines and develop data analytics tools to incrementally improve our performance on a growing dataset.
- Collaborate closely with other experts on the team, including the planning and systems engineering team.
- Strong technical background. BS, MS or PhD with academic or industry experience in designing and implementing deep neural networks. You are a skilled software engineer with experience in C++ and strong problem-solving skills. You are passionate about solving real-world robotics problems, and you have ideally worked on autonomous robots before. You ideally also have a strong knowledge of data processing pipelines for training ML models in the cloud.
- A team player. You take ownership and work with the team to deliver exceptional results. You are interested in the performance of the entire system across engineering disciplines.
- Ability to build and iterate quickly. You enjoy working fast and smart, and you are comfortable in the earlier stages of developing an algorithm from scratch.
- Hands on. You are not only passionate about ML research but also experienced working with production machine learning pipelines, from dataset collection and labeling to training and validation.
- Great communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise, and detailed documentation. You can enable your colleagues to leverage the ML models resulting from your work in their algorithms and systems.