We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our Planning team and take a key role in improving the Kodiak Driver’s ability to safely and gracefully handle challenging road conditions.
- A strong background in robotics, planning, optimization, and mathematics (MS, PhD, or equivalent experience)
- Software development experience writing production-level C++
- High standards for software quality and rigor, and a testing-oriented mentality
- Good communication skills and a collaborative bent
- Proven ability to iterate quickly and work hands-on
Bonus points if you have:
- Written software that has run on real robots
- Knowledge of modern C++ (c++14 and newer) and version control systems (e.g., git)
- An understanding of both classic and state-of-the-art approaches to motion planning, trajectory optimization, optimal control, system modeling, etc.
- A desire to collaborate with other teams outside of planning