AEye is looking for a highly motivated systems engineer capable of leading technical teams in the development of IR sensors. The individual will be expected to help shaping and developing future products as well as executing in the support of existing products in production. The candidate should be capable of performing EO/IR analysis, radiometric calculation, and system error budget modeling to support in the development of system concepts, and to verify designs meet their requirements. This engineer will direct engineers and technicians in electrical, mechanical, and optical tasks required for program performance. The engineer will also perform system debugging and troubleshooting, and provide technical direction and support to production operations.
- Master's or Ph.D degree in science, engineering, or related discipline
- Ability to develop novel sensor concepts and architectures, including trade studies, system budget analysis, feasibility analysis, modeling/simulation, and optical design
- Must have deep understanding on how to interpret, process, and improve point cloud
- Strong knowledge of detection theory is required
- Advanced knowledge of semiconductor solid state physics related to avalanche/PIN photodiodes and other photonic systems.
- Technical knowledge in electro-optic devices and optics: laser diodes, free space optics, fiber optics, and Gaussian beam propagation
- Hands-on engineering with the proven ability to work well in a team environment
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up experience.
- Experience in electronics for use in optoelectronics: laser diode drive and modulation, signal conditioning, data acquisition, transimpedance amplifiers, RF Analog electronics, ADC, etc
- Software Skills: Experience in MATLAB/Simulink, Linux OS, C/C++, Python, ZEMAX