The Implant and Robot Manufacturing Software Intern will work closely with the Process & Change Engineers and the Quality Systems team to create internal tools used for manufacturing medical devices.
Design Master Record (DMR)
- The DMR is a combined record / list of all documents necessary to reliably manufacture devices which meet all safety, functional, and regulatory requirements of the device build plans.
- There are current processes for recording device DMRs, but none that easily scale or demonstrate what needs review after documents which have changed.
Design History Record (DHR) [second priority]
- The DHR is a medical device’s unit-specific lifecycle. Bolstering the ability for all Neuralink manufacturing production to receive, inspect, produce, package, and deliver medical devices, while keeping a trail of where components have been, is vital to supporting in-human surgeries.
- Strong software engineering skills and computer science fundamentals.
- Ability to deliver with a strong sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to autonomously scope and deliver software projects with complex requirements and several stakeholders
- Ability to establish requirements in ambiguous problem spaces
- Ability to clearly communicate projects to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to receive feedback and iterate quickly
- Ability to lead project deliverables
- 9+ months experience of application of technical skills outside of the classroom
(examples: laboratory, research, extracurricular project teams, open source contributions, volunteering, personal projects or prior internship/work experience)
- Familiarity with 21 CFR 820 design controls
- 1+ previous technical internship
- Experience with software version control and merge requests