Staff Technical Product Manager
Mountain View, CA
Full - Time
March 9, 2023
We’re searching for a Staff Technical Product Manager.
- Be accountable for framing and delivering work in service of company-level integration milestones to deliver the self-driving system as a product.
- Track progress, identify success metrics, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders, and engage and energize the project teams to achieve aggressive goals; in short, maintain a finger on the pulse of the company program.
- Partner deeply with senior engineering leaders across hardware, software, safety, systems, operations, and general and administrative teams to ensure technical work aligns to company level program goals and the product roadmap.
- Manage complex projects at a large scale, spanning many functional teams and cross-functional initiatives; identify and communicate cross-functional impact of open decisions within functional teams.
- Remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress, identify gaps in communication or schedule, manage issue escalations, and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities, and drive results proactively.
- Ask questions that clarify priorities, surface alternative solutions, highlight critical decisions, and push the team to be effective.
- Support technical and strategic planning, leading conversations with key stakeholders to develop concepts for initiatives, and developing those into detailed program / project plans (including roadmaps, funding planning, resource planning, and hiring goals).
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an engineering or product focused Technical Program Manager, Product Manager, or Engineering Manager, or Engineer in an autonomous systems, robotics, or software development environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Information Systems or a related area, or the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability preferred.
- Direct, measurable impact through the design, development and launch of groundbreaking products.
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks; ability to work closely with engineers.
- Strong experience in project management; practical familiarity with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and ability to apply them where best suited.
- Knowledge of technical architectures, computer science, and software development lifecycle preferred.