Technical Lead - Observability
As a technical lead, you will be directly responsible for Palantir’s observability platform. This includes everything from log/metric/trace ingestion and processing, monitoring and alerting solutions, and all other workflows on top of the observability data. This role will have a direct impact on Palantir’s ability to scale our engineering efforts through these investments. You have a deep systems background and value technical excellence, and consistently raise the bar for your team’s technical execution. You know how to balance providing value to your users while building defensive systems that are operationally sound and easy to maintain.
- Partner with our extended leadership team to set and define a technical strategy for your team aligned with the wider team strategy.
- Build and champion a long-term tech roadmap to reduce operational burden, ensure scalability, reduce risk, and guide your team towards step-changes whenever possible.
- Be technically involved and engage in substantive discussion when reviewing technical roadmaps and project implementation with the team.
- Work closely with teammates and stakeholders to enable sustainable and timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs.
- Facilitate partnerships between engineering teams and operators to build innovative products that help Palantir scale.
- Act as a multiplier for other engineers on the team. Define where the technical bar should be, and help engineers achieve it. Lead engineers and accelerate their growth by providing thoughtful feedback, technical mentorship, and effectively manage performance.
- Foster a non-hierarchical exchange of ideas; valuing the idea rather than the individual who communicates it.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems.
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead Or leading an engineering team.
- Strong coding skills in Go, Java, or equivalent.
- Experience designing, building, and operating high-scale observability or infrastructure systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.